There can be a lot of reasons for knee pain. We’re here to help you find the root cause of the pain and provide a personalized approach for relief.
Causes of Knee Pain
- Knee pain can be caused by an injury, such as a ruptured ligament or torn cartilage.
- Knee pain can also be caused by medical disorders such as arthritis, gout, and infections.
General Symptoms of Knee Pain
You may encounter the following symptoms depending on the source of your knee pain:
- Swelling and stiffness
- Redness and warmth to the touch
- Weakness or instability
- Popping or crunching noises
- Inability to fully straighten the knee
When to see a physician ?
See your doctor if you have Knee pain and any warning signs such as:
- Can’t bear weight on your knee or feel as if your knee is unstable or gives out
- Have marked knee swelling
- Are unable to fully extend or flex your knee
- See an obvious deformity in your leg or knee
- Have a fever, in addition to redness, pain and swelling in your knee
- Have severe knee pain that is associated with an injury
Diagnosis & Treatments
We investigate and determine the exact cause of the condition or injury causing the pain by asking you about your symptoms, including possible causes (e.g., recent injuries, other health concerns), if you’ve ever had Knee pain, as well as performing a thorough physical exam.
We may also recommend the following :-
- Our doctor may also refer you for additional testing, especially if they believe your knee pain is caused by something more serious.
- Physical Therapy
- Medications – NSAIDs, cortisone injections, antibiotics, etc
How Do I Get Started?
Chat With Us
Please use the contact form to submit your query, we will get back to you within 48 hours.
Ask a question or book an appointment below.
For emergencies call 911 or visit your nearest hospital