There can be a lot of reasons for neck pain. We’re here to help you find the root cause of the pain and provide a personalized approach for relief.
Causes of Neck Pain
- Muscle strain – this may be caused by things such as poor posture, poor neck support, anxiety and stress.
- Cervical spondylosis – this arthritis of the neck is related to ageing.
- Slipped disc / Herniated disc.
- Whiplash – this is a form of neck sprain caused when the neck is suddenly whipped backward and then forward.
General Symptoms of Neck Pain
You may encounter the following symptoms depending on the source of your neck pain:
- Pain in the neck, shoulders and/or upper chest
- Stiff neck
- Difficulty turning your head
Diagnosis & Treatments
- We investigate and determine the exact cause of the condition or injury that is causing the pain by asking you about your symptoms, including possible causes (e.g., recent injuries, other health concerns), and performing a thorough physical exam.
- Our doctor may also refer you for tests if he or she suspects a more serious cause of your neck pain. A thorough examination by your doctor will determine whether additional investigations (e.g., x-rays, CT or MRI scans) are necessary or helpful in developing an appropriate treatment plan for you.
When to see a physician ?
- Generally neck pain usually goes away in a few days.
- If it does not improve or if you develop other symptoms, you should consult your doctor.
How Do I Get Started?
Chat With Us
Please use the contact form to submit your query, we will get back to you within 48 hours.
Ask a question or book an appointment below.
For emergencies call 911 or visit your nearest hospital